I posted this recipe previously, but when we made our switch from Blogger to WordPress it was one of the posts that didn’t make it. So here it is again, with a slight adjustment. This beats Hamburger Helper any day! To help cut down on prep time, you can also brown your meat ahead of time and have it ready to go in the freezer if you prefer.
- 1/2 lb of ground beef (you could use beef tips if you prefer)
- 1 Small Onions, Chopped Finely
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups of Chicken or Beef Broth or Vegetable Broth (We actually prefer chicken broth)
- 8 Ounces of Sour Cream or Cream de Fresh
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Sweet Peas
- 2 Cups of Whole Wheat Pasta (I use Fuselli Pasta)
Brown your ground beef and onions. (I prefer a cast iron skillet). While this cooking boil your water and cook your pasta seperatly. Add your minced garlic to your beef towards the end of browning. Next add in your broth of choice. Bring to a soft boil, reduce your heat and add in your sour cream or cream de fresh. Stir until combined well.
Once your pasta has been drained, add your pasta and peas to the pan. Continue to cook on low heat 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peas are just tender.
Stir immediately! We occasionally grate a little white cheddar on the top and it is oh so yummy!