Well, it has been a week since I started the SimmWorks weight loss challenge with a few fellow bloggers in hopes to help keep me accountable to loose some weight before we head to Florida in August. How did I do? Not great but it wasn’t the worst I could have done either. Here is a breakdown of how my week went:
- Counting today, I did work out three days-which is where I was comfortable committing. I don’t want to set myself up for failure committing to something I just can’t do right now so I am hoping to work up to five days in the coming weeks.
- I did have a few cokes, but not anywhere close to what I usually drink. I am hoping by the end of the next week or two to have myself weaned off completely.
- I cut down on a lot of snacking and made myself brush my teeth when I brushed the children’s teeth for bed in hopes to deter me from snacking late. It helped! Only one evening did I snack past the cut-off time I set for myself!
- I didn’t do a great job with my food journal, so I hope to try to stick to it more this week. <<<<Note to self, keep a pen in my purse! >>>>
- This next week I hope to spend a little more time in the kitchen early on, so I can do some prep work to make meals easier later in the week and for on-the-go lunches.
We hope to accomplish a lot outside this weekend and the kids have loved walking at the little community center we have close to the house, so maybe five days a week will be easier than I think. We may try in the evenings as it get a little cooler as a way to get Daddy to join us.
So how did I do at my weigh-in today? I started at 159lbs last week and today the scale read 157lbs. I lost two pounds! I will take that
I have to get a digital scale, it would be more accurate and easier to snap photos. This one doesn’t want to come out clear. I hope this next week to loose another 2 pounds and get a good momentum going! I will let you know how the week goes next Friday.
In the meantime, don’t forget to enter the giveaway for an Eat Smart Get Fit body fat scale and a Nalgene water bottle that we are hosting this month!