“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Green Works. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and promotional item as a thank you for participating.”
When you hear the term “natural living” what do you think of? For myself, I think of pure, straight of nature, unharmed, unchanged, organic. The problem is, when most of us think of natural or organic we often equate that to a higher price tag.
No doubt all of us want to give our families the best possible, but the reality is we may not financially be able to do all we want too. We may think if we can do it all, why bother? The reality is though, with each step we take towards living greener we make a positive impact, not just for the planet but also for our families.
So you can do it all, that is okay! Focus on what you can do.
There are so many simple things we can do to live greener. Start by making small changes.
Simple Ways to Go Green
- Begin recycling. Recycling is really simple and so many communities make recycling easy. Why add more garbage into a landfill where it will sit for years and years when it can be recycled into something useful?
- Start composting. It is really simple, just recycle your organic waste that will in turn give you such rich nutrients for your garden or plants. If you don’t know where to start, check out my Composting 101 series.
- Focus on purchasing the dirty dozen organically. The dirty dozen are the top twelve produce items that have been rated with the highest concentrated amounts of pesticides and chemicals. Not sure what they are? You can find a list on the dirty dozen here.
- Eliminate conventional cleaning products that are full of chemicals. There are so many alternatives from homemade cleaning products to more streamlined natural products, such as the line of green cleaning products from Green Works. Eliminating chemicals around our home was one of the first things we did in our home.
Green Works is celebrating living a greener lifestyle with their fun new “Green Works Cleans” Pinterest game. The winner is rewarded with a $500 gift card to help you on your “green” journey. Hurry and head over to enter as the contest ends on October 2nd.
How to play:
- Follow @greenworksclean on Pinterest, create one pinboard and title it “GreenWorks Games.”
- Find, unscramble or complete a word and then find an image to match. For example, if the word is “natural” you might pin a lemon, flower, or whatever represents natural to you – your pins should be reflective of your personality.
- Pin your answer and make sure to tag it with the word it represents and the hashtag #greenworksgames.